SMT Architects was established in 1994 and has over 60 years of combined professional experience. Since 1994 our firm has participated in a variety of projects for a diverse range of clients. During this period of time we have never lost sight of the vision with which the firm was started ‘To provide quality professional services for our clients and the built environment‘.
Our firm is a women-owned business enterprise (WBE) and is registered as an architectural firm with the State of Illinois, Illinois Department of Transportation, METRA, and the Illinois Capital Development Board. In addition to having experience with a variety of publicly-funded projects, we also have extensive experience with privately-funded work of varying sizes.
In order to provide our clients with the best in professional architectural service, we are committed to staying abreast of the advances in the design and construction industry and our associates maintain memberships in a variety of industry organizations, such as:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) (http://aia.org/)
- Association of Licensed Architects (ALA) (http://alatoday.org/)
- Association for Preservation Technology (APT) (http://www.apti.org/)
- Chicago Women in Architecture (CWA) (http://www.cwarch.org/)
- ASTM International (http://www.astm.org/)
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) (http://www.csinet.org/)
- National Institute for Building Sciences (NIBS) (http://www.nibs.org/)
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) (http://www.usgbc.org/)
It is our belief that through continued participation in these, and other organizations, we are better able to provide our clients with design and construction solutions that best suit their needs.
For more information on the types of projects that our staff has experience with, as well as information on their qualifications, please visit the Portfolio section of our site.